firstname.lastname@example.org / (506) 8383-3003
Lack of physical activity is responsible of one of ten deaths in the world. Lack of exercise kills as much as
smoking or obesity, according to a study published by the Britain medical magazine The Lancet on July, 2012.
“It is impossible to talk about health without physical activity”
Incorporate regular physical activity into your life, better if performed outdoors!!!
Movement is life! Try to perform a physical activity that you like, so that you may keep at it.
Ideally, you should schedule some moderate physical activity 5 times a week for at least
– Regular physical exercise improves all metabolic functions of the organism, revitalizing
it and increasing your energy reserves.
– It permits the oxygenation of the organism.
– It stimulates digestion by means of the self-massage of the involved organs.
– It tones the heart (accelerates the heartbeat, but with lower pressure (contractions)
on the heart); lowers arterial tension and protects against coronary diseases.
– It improves the lung capacity and optimizes the exchange of gases (our cells breathe).
– It optimizes blood circulation, benefiting the vein return system by means of diaphragm
– Stops the acidification of tissues by activating all elimination organs (multiplies by 6
the depuration of the organism through transpiration).
– It increases muscular strength and the mineral density of the bones, and reinforces
tendons and ligaments.
– It has an impact on the endocrine system and the prostaglandin rate by reducing bad
– It acts in favor of the immune system, the bile, the liver.
– It oxygenates the brain boosting the brain function. Research indicates that exercise
may encourage brains to work at optimum capacity, by causing nerve cells to multiply,
strengthening their interconnections and protecting them from damage. Lab tests on
animals have shown that when they exercise, their nerve cells release proteins known as
neurotrophic factors. One in particular, called brain-derived neurotrophic factor or
BDNF, triggers numerous other chemicals that promote neural health. It also decreases
your risk of heart and blood vessel diseases that can impact brain function.
– Exercise makes you smarter: helping to develop a higher capacity for learning and
slowing or repairing neural illnesses which could result in new treatments for those
with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or spinal cord injuries.
– It combats stress and relaxes the mind by the production of serotonin and
– Physical exercises increases libido.
– It is a very beneficial treatment against anxiety, by helping to balance the nervous
– It secretes endorphins that activate the natural mechanism of pleasure, acting as a result
– The regular practice of physical exercise increases the duration of deep sleep
approximately in 20%: the sleep that allows the body to regenerate!!!
– Exercise prevents diabetes helping to increase the level of chrome in tissues and
improving the capacity of the organism to use the available insulin.
– Weight-lifting or resistance exercise increases the muscular mass. In view of the fact
that the muscle requires more calories than the fat, the result is an increase in the
metabolic rate (basal metabolism). In other words, more calories are burnt, making
easier to lose weight. Persons with good muscular mass are less susceptible to
develop diseases, such as diabetes, because the greater the muscular mass the lower
quantity of insulin needed to carry blood glucose to the tissues.
– Physical exercise helps you feel well and full of life, contributing to increase your selfesteem.
– Physical activity prevents and increases the life of patients with hormone-dependent
cancer. The explanation is simple: physical exercise diminishes the mass of fat where
estrogens are developed. Such substances stimulate the production of cancerous cells.
– Physical activity helps to balance the levels of estrogens in the blood, thus preventing
PMS and diseases such as endometriosis.
– Exercise helps to prevent diseases such as infarcts, strokes, osteoporosis, diabetes
and cancer. Just 30 minutes of moderate exercise (such as walking) every day can
reduce the risk of such diseases.
– Regular physical activity might increase the spam of life of the world’s population by
0,68% per year. Dr I-Min Lee (Harvard Medical School of Boston) explains that 6 to
10% of the four non transmissible maladies (cardiovascular, type 2 diabetes, breast and
colon cancers) would have been associated with the lack of practicing less than 150
minutes of moderate physical activity per week.
– Summarizing, exercise boosts resistance, strength, vitality, health, beauty, brain
function and longevity.
The Physician Journal